Please note: Rule to be posted for 30 days to clarify Child Study Inventory (CSI) requirements.
(A) A child study inventory (CSI) shall be developed and completed within thirty days after the public children services agency (PCSA) or private child placing agency (PCPA) receives permanent custody of a child.
(B) The CSI shall be reviewed and updated at the time of each semiannual administrative review, adoptive placement and removal from the adoptive placement.
(C) The CSI shall include, at a minimum, the following information, as applicable to the age and circumstances of the child:
(1) A summation of the history of the child's biological family, which shall include, but is not limited to the biological parents':
(b) Marital status.
(c) Educational and occupational background.
(d) Ethnic and racial background, religious, and other cultural characteristics.
(e) Talents and hobbies.
(f) Mental and physical disabilities.
(g) Medical conditions such as genetic/inherited diseases, malformations, etc..
(h) Social and medical information on the adoptive child's sibling(s).
(i) Social and medical information on the adoptive child's ancestors.
(2) The child's substitute care placement history, including reasons for the original placement and reasons for subsequent placement moves.
(3) The JFS 01616 "Social and Medical History" (rev. 6/ 2009).
(4) A listing of the child's identified and anticipated special needs, and documentation verifying those special needs.
(5) A summation of the history and background information known about the child which shall include, but is not limited to:
(a) Positive attributes, characteristics or strengths of the child such as friendliness, talents, interests or education achievements.
(b) Physical, intellectual and social development of the child.
(c) Immediate health needs and current medications of the child.
(d) A summary of a psychiatric or psychological evaluation of the child, and/or summary of recommendations of an examination to detect mental and emotional disorders conducted in compliance with the requirements of Chapter 4757. of the Revised Code by a licensed independent social worker, licensed social worker, licensed professional clinical counselor, or licensed professional counselor.
(e) Attachment and bonding of the child to caregivers and siblings.
(f) If the child has been adjudicated a delinquent, a description of the act which resulted in the child being found delinquent and the disposition made by the court in accordance with rule 5101: 2-48-15 of the Administrative Code.
(g) Information on any other violent acts committed by the child which the PCSA or PCPA has knowledge.
(6) Written information describing the types of behavior that the prospective adoptive parent(s) may anticipate from a child who has experienced abuse and neglect, suggested interventions, and the post adoption services available if the child exhibits those types of behavior after adoption.
(7) The signature of the adoptive parent(s) documenting the date the CSI was received and documenting that the parent(s) has read the CSI, discussed it with the agency, and comprehended the information provided.
(8) A completed JFS 01667 "Adoption Information Disclosure" (rev. 9/2003) containing required signatures and documenting the date the adoptive parent(s) received the CSI.
(D) If sufficient information is not available to complete any element of the CSI, the caseworker shall document in the child's case record efforts that were made to secure such information.
(E) Copies of the CSI, prepared pursuant to paragraphs (A), (B) and (C) of this rule, shall be shared with a PCSA, PCPA, or private noncustodial agency (PNA) assisting in the adoptive placement of the child prior to the adoptive placement.
(F) All identifying information regarding the child's birth family shall be removed from the CSI.
(G) The signed CSI and signed JFS 01667 shall be provided to the prospective adoptive parent(s) prior to the adoptive placement.
(H) A signed CSI and a signed JFS 01667 shall be maintained in the child's adoptive case record.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 07/09/2014 and 10/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 2152.72, 3107.017, 5153.16
Rule Amplifies: 2152.72, 3107.017
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/66, 10/1/86, 7/1/90, 9/1/94, 2/13/98 (Emer.), 5/14/98, 9/1/03, 5/15/09