Please note: rule is posted for pre-clearance and is being reviewed to include policy clarification.
This rule describes the appeals process for a young adult who has been denied or terminated from bridges.
(A) Any young adult who was denied enrollment or who was terminated from bridges may request a state hearing, as described in paragraph (B) of this rule.
(B) In the event the young adult receives a denial notice pursuant to rule 5101:2-50-02 of the Administrative Code or a termination notice pursuant to rule 5101:2-50-03 of the Administrative Code, the young adult has the right to appeal the decision by requesting a state hearing.
(1) The young adult has ninety calendar days from the mailing date of the denial or termination notice to request a state hearing. If the ninetieth day falls on a weekend or holiday, then the next business day shall be recorded as the ninetieth day.
(2) If the young adult submits a hearing request to the state or local agency within fifteen calendar days of the mailing date of the termination notice, then bridges benefits shall continue pursuant to division 5101:6 of the Administrative Code until a state hearing decision is issued.
(3) The young adult may withdraw the state hearing request at any time prior to a state hearing decision being issued.
(C) Denial notices and termination notices issued by ODJFS may be sent by U.S. mail or hand delivered to the individual. While the individual may also choose to receive electronic notices, any electronic notifications will be in addition to, and not in place of, notification by U.S. mail or in-person delivery. Denial notices shall be issued to the young adult and, when applicable, to the regional grantee in writing or by its electronic equivalent, as permitted by federal law.
(D) A young adult may submit their request for a state hearing through the following methods:
(1) Send the appeal notice via U.S. mail;
(2) A scanned copy via email;
(3) Facsimile; or
(4) Verbal request by contacting the bridges notice provider, ODJFS, or bureau of state hearings.
(E) Rules 5101:6-6-01 to 5101:6-6-04 of the Administrative Code detail the process for preparing and conducting state hearings.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 12/11/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.1414
Rule Amplifies: 5101.1411, 5101.1412, 5101.1413