Please note: rule is being reviewed for five-year review.
(A) A foster caregiver shall be responsible for following instructions of the agency which placed the child for providing health care services to each foster child.
(B) A foster caregiver shall adhere to the following instructions surrounding medications for a foster child:
(1) A foster caregiver shall administer or supervise the administration of prescription drugs to a foster child only for whom the medication was prescribed and according to the prescribing physician's instruction.
(2) Prescription drugs in a foster home shall be kept in the original container, labeled with the foster child's name, the correct dosage and relevant instructions.
(3) All prescription drugs in a foster home shall be stored in a locked cabinet or storage area except that an inhaler or medication may be available to a person with a special health condition, who may need these for an emergency.
(4) Prescribed drugs shall be disposed of in a safe manner when the prescription is no longer current.
(5) Any side effects of prescription drugs shall be reported immediately to the prescribing physician and the recommending agency.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/14/2014 and 07/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5103.02, 5103.03
Rule Amplifies: 5103.02, 5103.03
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/66, 10/1/86, 1/1/91, 1/1/03, 8/1/09