Please note: Rule 5101:2-37-04 is being proposed for amendment due to five year rule review.
(A) The public children services agency (PCSA) shall complete the JFS 01404 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Reunification Assessment" (rev. 2/2006) to support and document the PCSA's assessment of the family's reunification readiness if the child has been placed out of the home through either a voluntary out-of-home safety plan or a legally authorized out-of-home placement for thirty days or more, regardless of the circumstances precipitating the child's placement out of the home or who holds custody of the child .
(B) The PCSA shall complete the JFS 01404 in accordance with the following:
(1) Prior to the reunification of a child to his removal home if the child has been out of said home for thirty days or more. This applies to both voluntary out-of-home safety plans and legally authorized out-of-home placement.
(2) The risk level is reduced to moderate or below.
(3) During the completion of the JFS 01412 "Comprehensive Assessment and Planning Model - I.S., Semiannual Administrative Review" (rev. 9/2012) pursuant to rule 5101:2-38-10 of the Administrative Code for a child placed out of his home for thirty days or more if any one of the following apply:
(a) An out-of-home safety plan has been implemented.
(b) The case plan goal and services are to support reunification of the child to the removal home.
(c) A legally authorized out-of-home safety plan has been implemented.
(d) Parental rights have not been terminated.
(4) No more than sixty days prior to any court hearing for a child in the PCSA's temporary custody.
(C) The PCSA shall complete the JFS 01404 to support and document the PCSA's assessment of the family's reunification readiness. The decision regarding the family's reunification readiness includes an assessment of the following:
(1) A review of child safety.
(2) Information pertaining to the parent, guardian, or custodian's compliance with court orders, if applicable.
(3) An update on:
(a) Family conditions and dynamics.
(b) Family resources, strengths, and protective capacities.
(c) Child vulnerability.
(4) Interventions necessary to support reunification.
(D) The PCSA shall complete the JFS 01404 regardless of circumstances precipitating the child's placement out of the home or who or what entity holds custody of the child.
(E) The PCSA shall maintain the JFS 01404 in the case record and record in the statewide automated child welfare information system (SACWIS).
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/21/2013 and 03/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5153.16
Rule Amplifies: 5153.16
Prior Effective Dates: 03/01/06, 10/01/09