Please Note: This rule is being reviewed due to a 5 year rule review. ODJFS is looking at updating the rule to clarify when an exit interview is not required.
(A) The public children services agency (PCSA) or private child placing agency (PCPA) that holds custody of a child shall conduct a face to face exit interview with every child age five and older, as developmentally appropriate, within seven days after the child's exit from each foster care placement.
(1) The interview shall be completed by an individual allowed to make caseworker visits in accordance with rule 5101:2-42-65 of the Administrative Code.
(2) The information gathered during the interview shall be dependent on the age and developmental level of the child. The interviewer's observations and any information to explain the child's responses shall be recorded on the JFS 01678 "Foster Care Exit Interview" (01/2013).
(3) If the child alleges abuse, neglect or any maltreatment during the exit interview, the interviewer shall make a report in accordance with section 2151.421 of the Revised Code.
(B) The completed interview form and any other required documentation shall be placed:
(1) In the child's case record.
(2) In the caregiver's record. If the caregiver is not certified by the custodial agency, the custodial agency shall send a copy of the interview form to the recommending agency of the caregiver within seven days of the completed interview.
(C) Upon receipt of the form, the recommending agency shall discuss any concerns with the foster parent. If deemed necessary by the recommending agency, an action plan shall be developed within thirty days of the date the agency was notified of the concern. The plan may include but is not limited to providing more intense supervision, support, or training for the caregiver. If the concern warrants a rule violation investigation, then rule 5101:2-5-28 of the Administrative Code shall apply and may result in more formal enforcement, up to and including revocation of the foster home certificate.
(D) The PCSA or PCPA is not required to complete the exit interview when children in their custody are moved from residential care facilities or non-licensed providers. The PCSA or PCSA may choose to do so, depending on the situation that necessitated the move.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 5101:2-42-65.1
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 06/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 2151.412, 2151.421, 5103.03, 5153.16
Rule Amplifies: 2151.412, 2151.421, 5103.03, 5153.16