Please note: This rule is being reviewed for a reduced period of a 14 day pre-clearance on the rules impacted by Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA) requirements for Title IV-E Foster Care Maintenance Payments for Children Placed with a Parent in a Licensed Residential Family-Based Treatment Facility for Substance Abuse, starting on Monday, October 1, 2018 to Monday October 15, 2018.
(A) The beginning date of reimbursability for FCM shall be no earlier than the date of the foster care placement. Reimbursement may begin the actual date of the child's placement, if the child meets all program eligibility and reimbursement criteria. Reimbursability may go back to the first day of the month that all eligibility requirements are met, if they were not met in the month that the child is initially placed. Reimbursement is contingent upon satisfaction of all of the following:
(1) The Title IV-E agency has legal responsibility for the care of the child as described in rule 5101:2-47-13 of the Administrative Code.
(2) The child meets the ADC-relatedness requirements as described in rule 5101:2-47-14 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Reasonable efforts judicial determination for a court- ordered removal as described in rule 5101:2-47-22 of the Administrative Code, has been obtained. Program reimbursability may go back to the first day of the month in which the reasonable efforts judicial determination was obtained as long as all other requirements of Chapter 5101:2-47 of the Administrative Code are met.
(4) The child continues to meet the age requirement as described in rule 5101:2-47-14 of the Administrative Code.
(5) The child is placed in a reimbursable placement facility as described in rule 5101:2-47-16 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Reimbursability for FCM payments for children placed in children's residential centers, group homes, residential parenting facilities or maternity homes may begin the actual date of the child's placement in an eligible placement facility, with an approved Title IV-E rate ceiling, if the child meets all program eligibility and reimbursement criteria.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 3/19/2018 and 06/23/2023
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.141, 5103.03, 5153.166
Rule Amplifies: 5101.141, 5103.03, 5153.166
Prior Effective Dates: 01/01/1983, 04/01/1986 (Emer.), 07/01/1986, 07/02/1987, 05/01/1998, 07/01/2000, 10/03/2005, 09/01/2009, 06/01/2013