Please note: This rule is in pre-clearance for 30 days for a five-year review.
(A) An agency shall not recommend for certification any applicant whose residence is licensed, regulated, approved, or operated under the direction of, or otherwise certified as a facility to provide overnight substitute care for unrelated persons, by:
(1) The department of youth services.
(2) The department of mental health.
(3) The department of alcohol and drug addiction services.
(4) A community alcohol, drug addiction and mental health board.
(5) The department of developmental disabilities.
(6) A county board of developmental disabilities,
(7) The department of health.
(8) A juvenile court.
(B) Each initial application for certification of a foster home shall be approved through an assessor's evaluation of the residence, prospective foster caregiver, and household members.
(C) To submit a recommendation for certification of a foster home:
(1) If a private child placing agency (PCPA) or private noncustodial agency (PNA) does not have access to the statewide automated child welfare information system (SACWIS), the agency shall submit to the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) a JFS 01317 "Recommendation for Certification/Recertification of a Foster Home" (rev. 1/2003) and the JFS 01318 "SACWIS Private Agency Provider Request" (rev. 4/2009). If the agency has access to SACWIS, the agency shall enter the required information in the system.
(2) A public children services agency (PCSA) shall enter the information into the statewide automated child welfare information system (SACWIS) as required in rule 5101:2-33-70 of the Administrative Code.
(D) Upon receipt of a JFS 01317, ODJFS will determine the effective and expiration dates of the certificate.
(E) The effective date of an initial foster home certificate shall be no earlier than the day the JFS 01317 is received by ODJFS as evidenced by the receipt date stamp or the date the recommendation is routed to ODJFS in SACWIS.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 08/03/2015 and 12/01/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5103.02, 5103.03, 5103.0324
Rule Amplifies: 5103.02, 5103.03, 5103.0324
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/66, 10/1/86, 2/1/88, 7/2/90 (Emer.), 10/1/90, 1/1/91, 9/18/96, 7/1/00, 1/1/03, 12/11/06, 8/1/10